There's wet weather in the forecast Wednesday. With temperatures in the low 30s, forecasters expect a mix of snow, sleet and rain by afternoon. It's a good day to take in a lecture or (for men) to learn something about women.
Each day the "5 Things" column will tell you five essential pieces of information you need to know today, like events happening or community topics being covered on the site later on in the day. Have an event or topic that should appear in this column? Add it to the calendar or send us a news tip.
Wednesday's lineup includes:
1. There's two free showings of "The Town" with Ben Affleck, at the . While planning his next job, a longtime thief tries to balance his feelings for a bank manager connected to one of his earlier heists, as well as the FBI agent looking to bring him and his crew down. Shows at 3 p.m. and 7:30 p.m.
2. Seniors 60 and over can attend a lecture at the , from 2-4:15 p.m. about the immigration patterns of the Dr. Horin Tritter discusses the neigborhood's history from the 1800s through the present. Cost: $6.
3. presents its weekly seminar: "Understanding Women,' a one hour seminar designed to teach men to work with women instead of being frustrated and learn how they think. The session is at 7:30 at the Cost is $25.
4. Bible classes meet weekly Wednesday at at 10:30 a.m and 7:30 p.m. Beginners welcome; class is free.
5. needs moms to serve on our . Check out our story and let us know if you want to be a part of making us better.