The Episcopal Church of St. Margaret in Plainview has announced it's Holy Week schedule:
Church organizers say Holy Week, which begins Palm Sunday, is a powerful chance to participate in "rich liturgies and poignant encounters with God."
Beginning before Palm Sunday, worship opportunities will be available on each day of Holy Week. St. Margaret's Episcopal Church will be sharing worship with Good Shepherd Lutheran Church in Plainview on two days, taking turns hosting.
- March 23 - Cemetery Memorial Service at 4 p.m.
- March 24 - Palm Sunday and Passion Narratives at 8:30 and 10 a.m.
- March 25 - Compline at 7:30 p.m.
- March 26 - Evensong at 7:30 p.m. (led by guitar group; Good Shepherd, Plainview, parishioners and pastor will be joining us)
- March 27 - Healing Service at 7:30 p.m. at Good Shepherd, Plainview (soup and bread available at 6:15 PM)
- March 28 - Thursday Morning Eucharist at 9 a.m.
- March 28 - Maundy Thursday Eucharist and Stripping of Altar at 7:30 p.m. (pot-luck dinner at 6)
- March 29 - Good Friday liturgy at noon
- March 29 - Stations of the Cross at 7:30 p.m.
- March 30 - Easter Vigil at 7:30 p.m.
- March 31 - Easter liturgies at 8:30 and 10 a.m.
For more information you can contact St. Margaret's at 516-692-5268 .