A chilly spring weekend awaits but brings a wide variety of entertainment options around Plainview and the region.
Each day the "5 Things" column will tell you five essential pieces of information you need to know today, like events happening or community topics being covered on the site later on in the day. Have an event or topic that should appear in this column? Add it to the calendar or send us a news tip.
Friday's events include:
1. It's the fourth Friday of the month, when clears the bima for the temple's Rock Band. The service is all music, with the words projected on a screen, to enable the congregation to sing, dance, and have fun more. Dress code for this service is respectful casual. Open to all; 7:30–9 p.m.
2. Kander and Ebb's dark musical about anti semitism and the Third Reich, returns to Nassau Community College tonight at 8 p.m. Cost: $15, $12 for seniors 55 and older and free for current college students.
3. is the setting for an evening of dance, performed by a variety of area dance companies. Tonight at 8; Price: $20 ($15 in advance)
4. The Nassau County in Roslyn has lots to offer, including a display of the poster art of the 1917 October Revolution. These graphic, inexpensively produced posters carried the Revolution’s message to the masses. Open from 11:00 a.m.–4:45 p.m.
5. Did you read about our latest Adam Getzler? Did you see the story about the new at the Hicksville LIRR station, or the latest from the Town of Oyster Bay? We wrote about the latest figures and will publish our latest column at noon Friday. Tell us your thoughts for upcoming stories in . While you're here, browse our "events" calendar for other happenings around town.