present the classic Broadway musical "Bye Bye Birdie" tonight and Saturday.
If you've never seen "The Telephone Hour," "Ed Sullivan" or "Sincere" you're in for a treat. It's a musical that can't miss in the hands of Plainview's energetic middle school cast and crew.
Each day the "5 Things" column offers five essentials about your day in Plainview. We want to engage our audience in the topics, events, and hot-button issues. Help us by adding your voice. Add it to the calendar or send us a . Post a comment on the news and issues that matter most to you.
1. The musical "Bye Bye Birdie" plays both Friday and Saturday at 8 p.m.
2. The 3rd annual to assist local seniors is scheduled for Sunday, beginning at the and continuing to the Y JCC, from noon to 3:30 p.m.
3. Yesterday's plannedwas postponed. That means today expects to honor the memory of . We'll keep you posted this afternoon.
4. continues it's run of “Guys & Dolls” tonight and Saturday at 7:30 p.m. Tickets are $12 in advance and $15 at the door.
5. Preparations are continuing this week for Sunday's event bone marrow donor drive in memory of Plainview's Spencer Reis. The event runs from 10 a.m. - 4 p.m. at Driftwood Day Camp, 331 Mount Misery Rd, Melville, NY. SMonetary donations can be made at www.dkmsamericas.org/donate . Select code SRD 001. To learn more about fighting blood cancer, go to getswabbed.org.