Members of the are planning a special open-house weekend Sept. 7-9 filled with events designed to be both religiously and socially engaging.
The impressive line-up culminates with the ground-breaking film which will see its Long Island Premier on Sunday Sept. 9. at the MHJC on Manetto Hill Road in Plainview.
Here is the list of events:
- FRIDAY NIGHT: The entire community is welcome to experience a special Friday night musical Shabbat at 8 p.m. on Sept. 7
- SATURDAY: A continuation of our exceptional series of "Shabbat and Me," on Sept. 8. The program that delights parents and little ones alike during regular Shabbos morning services at 9:30 a.m.
- SATURDAY NIGHT: A Selichot program Saturday night starting at 8 p.m opens with a showing of "Raid on Entebbe." The Selichot program, a service of forgiveness that welcomes the cycle of the High Holidays, will follow at 10 p.m.
- SUNDAY: A unique youth/education/family life program geared for all ages is planned from 11:30 a.m. until 1:30 p.m., with arts and crafts, and unique balance sport activities including unicycle training, slackline, pogo sticks and many other fun group activities.
- SUNDAY NIGHT: The Long Island Premiere of an epic cinematic journey that reveals a link between ancient Jewish culture and the people of modern Nigeria, beginning at 7 p.m. The filmmaker, Jeff Lieberman, will be present to introduce the film and lead a discussion afterwards. Dairy refreshments will be served.