The Plainview Library's Wednesday film series continues today with two free showings of the romantic comedy "Crazy, Stupid, Love."
Each day the "5 Things" column offers five essentials about your day in Plainview. We want to engage our audience in the topics, events, and hot-button issues that are important to them. Help us do that by adding your voice. Add it to the calendar or send us a . Post a comment on the news and the issues that matter most to you.
1. The romantic comedy, "Crazy, Stupid, Love" starring Steve Carrell, Julianne Moore and Ryan Gosling will be shown at the at 3 and 7:30 p.m. Wednesday. The film runs 118 minutes (PG-13) is free.
2. County Executive Edward Mangano's into four has set off a . See prominent Democrat Judy Jacobs' response here.
3. It's Feb. 1 and today's forecast calls for a chance of showers early followed by clearing skies and temperatures in upper 50s. Similar mild weather is forecast through Super Bowl weekend. Thursday is Groundhog Day. We'll say no more, as not to jinx it.
4. Are you a or an official with a , or other ? Have you claimed your listing in Patch? It's simple; just follow the instructions here to claim your listing and use it to promote your business or community institution.
5. Many of the stories we write about come from news tips just like you. Do you have a that needs covering? you want to tell us about? The ? Let us know by adding it to the calendar or sending us a . We read and consider every local coverage request. We try to accommodate everyone.