Thursday is Valentine's Day. It's not too late to offer a gift from the heart. Here are some last-minute gift ideas from the Plainview area.
And our directory of business listings is filled with even more. Click on the blue links for more information.
1. Fruit or chocolate: The Sweet Spot Shoppe in offers chocolates and gift baskets for pickup or delivery. Same with Edible Arrangements on Woodbury Road. The Bakery in the Plainview Centre is filled with a variety of treats.
2. Flowers: Ace Florist. Bouquets, which can include fruit, balloons and stuffed animals.
3. Champagne and Spirits: Try Pavilion Wine & Spirits in Morton Village or Unique Fine Wine & Spirits on South Oyster Bay Road.
4. Dinner Out: French can be romantic: there's an authentic French restaurant, Brasserie Cassis, in the Plainview Centre. Plainview's Italian restaurants, including La Familiglia and offer fine atmosphere.
5. Follow dinner with a movie: Go to Moviefone here for the films playing at the Broadway Mall in Hicksville and other nearby theaters.