The funeral of Long Islander Marie Colvin will be held Monday morning in Oyster Bay. Colvin, who was raised in East Norwich, died while on assignment in Syria. We'll have a report:
Each day the "5 Things" column offers five essentials about your day in Plainview. We want to engage our audience in the topics, events, and hot-button issues that are important to them. Help us do that by adding your voice. Add it to the calendar or send us a . Post a comment on the news and the issues that matter most to you.
1. The funeral for slain foreign journalist is Monday at 11 a.m. in Oyster Bay. We'll report on the service this afternoon.
2. 's Second Act group welcomes as she discusses her novel, LIE!, a work inspired by actual events. Noon until 2 p.m.; $8 for temple members; $10 for non-members.
3. Take our poll about the new proposal for a . A public scoping session on the proposal is set for Tuesday night at 7 p.m. in Oyster Bay.
4. Many area synagogues celebrated Purim's arrival Wednesday evening and lots of people attended the big Purim carnival Sunday at the Y JCC: Send us your photos. We want to run a collection of them in Patch.
5. is always looking for with fresh ideas and subject matter. Interested in a regular blog? Contact Joe Dowd at email@example.com.