Merry Christmas to our readers at Plainview Patch.
Today, Tuesday Dec. 25, is a national holiday.
Here's a rundown of what's open and what's closed around the Plainview area.
- All state, federal and local governmental offices, including the post office: Closed, other than emergency personnel.
- Retail stores: Closed.
- Supermarkets. Some, but not all, will be open for limited hours.
- Convenience stores: Most are open.
- Restaurants: Most Chinese and other Asian-cuisine restaurants in Plainview and the surrounding area are open, part of a long-standing tradition on Long Island.
- Banks and financial markets: Closed.
- LIRR: Operating a holiday schedule.
- Movie Theatres: Open. Several major U.S. premiers take place Tuesday.