Just after midnight Wednesday, the temperature in Plainview hovered around 85 degrees, not much better than a normal summer afternoon. But relief is near; the National Weather Service says thunderstorms are moving into the area later today and Thursday.
1. Showers and thunderstorms are likely in and around Plainview, mainly after 1 p.m., Wednesday as high temperatures approach the mid-90s. When the storms arrive, there could be some heavy downpours.
2. The good news is that behind the front is seasonable air that will bring afternoon high temperatures down considerably. The good weather should continue into the weekend, the NWS says.
3. There was a on the Long Island Expressway during rush hour Tuesday, causing delays in the westbound lanes.
4. The offers two free showings of the film today at 3 and 7:30 p.m.
5. Plainview Patch is Contact us with your ideas.