The National Weather Service says the ongoing heat wave will continue through the weekend and possibly into next week.
1. The NWS is predicting a hot, muggy Thursday with the slight chance of thunderstorms for Long Island. They are calling for hot weather, with temperatures approaching 90 on Friday, and an unstable weather day of heat and possible storms on Saturday.
2. There is no break in the day-time temperatures predicted into next week. Checking out our and might help you get through some of this.
3. The NWS is describing the trend as a "dangerous heat wave" which is breaking records from the Midwest to the Northeast. Long Island is relatively better off than much of the nation. For detailed safety tips, check out the NWS web site here.
4. If you were out of town, you might have missed the morning crash on Old Country Road Wednesday. Three people were taken to local hospitals See our coverage and please let us know your thoughts on what's wrong with Old Country Road.
5. Did you celebrate Independence Day with family and friends or attend last night's fireworks in Plainview? Let us know and send us a photo. You can upload them directly here.