Reports of burglaries dropped significantly in the Plainview area last week, according to cops.
Nassau County Police reported three burglaries within the Second Precinct, none of which were in Plainview. This is a drop from the past several weeks where reports were two and three times higher.
But a strange report appeared on the police blotter: The Dunkin' Donuts store in Hicksville reported that thieves made off with $15,000 in food products on Feb. 28.
Since the new year, Nassau County Police have filed the following reports:
- March 1:
- Feb. 22: Cops Report 11 Burglaries Nearby
- Feb. 15: Cops: 7 Burglaries Reported
- Feb. 11:
- Feb. 1: Crime Report: 300 Cellphones Stolen
- Jan. 25: Crime Report: 13 Burglaries
- Jan. 18: Crime Report: 5 Burglaries; Businesses Targeted in Burglaries
Although the amount of burglary reports dropped, one break-in at Dunkin' Donuts in Hicksville resulted in $15,000 worth of stolen merchandise, according to police.
The Second Precinct reported the following incidents:
- Feb. 28: Burglary; Dunkin' Donuts, Hicksville; $15,000 in food products stolen.
- Feb. 28: Burglary; Linwood Avenue, Farmingdale; nothing taken.
- Feb. 28: Robbery; Prospect Avenue, Westbury; cash, wallet, cell phone stolen.
- March 3: Burglary; Chestnut Street, Hicksville; cash removed from backpack.