Three robberies were committed within minutes of one another in the Plainview area last week and the pattern of the "Gas Station Bandit" become apparent.
According to Nassau County Police, three robberies and two burglaries were reported in the Oyster Bay area within a four day period. These are the official reports below.
Last week's crime report:
On March 29, three armed robberies in three different towns were reported within one hour. Between 3:25 p.m. and 3:45 p.m., robberies were reported by police in Levittown, Farmingdale, and Hicksville. In all three incidents, a handgun was shown, according to police.
In Syosset, a home on Cary Street was burglarized. Cash was reportedly taken in the break-in.
Then, on Wednesday, New York City Police captured two suspects believed to be responsible for the gas station heists, that actually totalled 15 across Nassau and Queens in recent weeks.
The Second Precinct reported the following crimes:
- March 27: Burglary; Cary Street, Syosset; cash stolen.
- March 29: Robbery; Delta Gas Station, Farmingdale; perp displayed handgun, demanded cash.
- March 29: Robbery; 7-Eleven, Hicksville; displayed handgun, demanded cash and cigarettes.
- March 29: Robbery; Exxon Gas Station, Levittown; displayed handgun, demanded cash and cigarettes.
- March 30: Burglary; Carnation Road, Levittown; copper baseboard heating, copper piping stolen.