Nearly a dozen car-related crimes were reported within one week, according to police.
Second Precinct detectives reported eight break-ins in and around Plainview. Macbooks, cash, and GPS units were taken in the incidents. Three cars were also stolen in Jericho, Hicksville, and North Massapequa.
- Keep cars parked in well lit and populated areas or with a parking attendant on duty.
- Keep all valuables out of site and invest in a retractable cover for the trunk area to hide items. GPS systems, electronics, and pocketbooks are some of the top items
- Stow telltale phone and computer chargers that indicate valuables may be in the car.
- If you're suspicious, trust your instincts and park somewhere else.
The Second Precinct reported the following crimes:
- Jan. 14: Grand larceny; Synergy Fitness, Syosset; laptop, pocketbook, Coach sunglasses stolen from car.
- Jan. 15: Petit larceny; Race Palace, Plainview; briefcase, personal papers stolen from car.
- Jan. 15: Grand larceny; Eileen Way, Syosset; pocketbook stolen from car.
- Jan. 15: Grand larceny; Synergy Fitness, Syosset; pocketbook, cash, wallet, cell phone stolen from car.
- Jan. 16: Grand larceny; Target, Hicksville; Macbook Pro, wallet, cash stolen from car.
- Jan. 19: Grand larceny; Levittown Ford, Hicksville; car stolen.
- Jan. 19: Grand larceny; North Michigan Avenue, North Massapequa; car stolen.
- Jan. 20: Petit larceny; Powell Place, Farmingdale; window broken on car, Blackberry stolen.
- Jan. 20: Criminal mischief; United Artists Theater, Westbury; window broken on car, clothing taken.
- Jan. 20: Criminal mischief; United Artists Theater, Westbury; window broken on car, GPS stolen.
- Jan. 21: Grand larceny; Jericho Turnpike, Jericho; car stolen.