continue to report a in the Plainview and Syosset area. In fact, for the first week in months, no burglaries were reported in the immediate area.
The bulk of this week's report involve relatively minor crimes. On March 15, two catalytic converters were stolen from cars at two different LIRR stations.
The Second Precinct reported the following crimes:
- March 16: Criminal Mischief: Robbins Lane School, Syosset: broken window.
- March 16: Criminal Mischief: Wellsbach Electrical, Plainview: cut fence; scrap metal stolen.
- March 15: Grand larceny: LIRR station, Syosset: catalytic converter stolen.
- March 15: Grand larceny: LIRR station, Oyster Bay: catalytic converter stolen.
- March 14: Criminal Mischief; i.d Salon, Syosset: window broken.
- March 11: Petit larceny: Jean Place, Syosset: Election signs stolen.
- March 14: Grand Larceny: Robbins Lane, Syosset: Auto stolen.
- March 12: Petit Larceny: Town of Oyster Bay, Audrey Avenue, Oyster Bay: Chain saws stolen.
The following arrest information was supplied by the Nassau County Police Department. A criminal charge is only an accusation, and does not indicate convictions.
- March 14: Peter Quartararo, 47, charged with grand larceny, Jericho Turnpike, Jericho.
- March 14: Dario Rowe, 26, charged with petit larceny, H&M, Broadway Mall, Hicksville.
- March 16: Fatima Rivadeveira, 47, charged with petit larceny, Stop & Shop, Hicksville.
- March 16: Orlando Ponce, 53, charged with petit larceny, Stop & Shop, Hicksville.
- March 19: Nima Pazooki, 22, charged with criminal possession of a forged instrument; Forest Drive, Jericho.