are investigating a robbery that occurred on Monday March 7, 2011 at 11 a.m. in Hicksville.
According to the detectives, the victim, a 39 year old female, was waiting at a bus stop at W. John Street and Wycoff Street when she was approached by a female Hispanic who starting talking to her. A male Hispanic then came up behind the victim, grabbed her and put a knife to her back. The victim was told that they had her husband and demanded money for his return.
The victim stated that she had no money. The subjects then forced her into a four-door tan sedan and drove her to her home in Westbury. After getting her wallet, the victim then returned to the subject’s vehicle and was driven to her bank where she withdrew $3,000 and gave it to the subjects.
The victim was then taken back to her home, where the subjects took her wallet and told her that her husband was upstairs. After discovering that her husband was not home, the victim called his cell phone to verify his location. The husband had no knowledge of the incident.
The woman was not hurt. The subjects are described as follows: Subject No. 1 is a female Hispanic, 30 years old, 5 feet 9 inches tall with a thin build. She has black shoulder length curly hair and a heavily pocked-marked face. She was wearing blue jeans and a medium length black jacket. Subject No. 2 is a male Hispanic, 30 years old, 5 feet 9 inches tall, with short brown hair. He was wearing a tan coat. Detectives are requesting anyone with information regarding this robbery to call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-244-TIPS. All calls remain anonymous.
The Nassau County Robbery Squad reports a bank robbery that occurred in Syosset on Tuesday March 8, 2011 at 11:34 a.m.
According to the detectives, a white male subject (Pictured) in his 20’s, 5 feet 6 inches tall, thin build, wearing a light colored winter cap, dark colored jacket and blue jeans entered the Bank of America located at 378 Jericho Tpke., and presented a demand note to the teller. After obtaining an undetermined amount of money, the subject fled the scene eastbound through the parking lot towards Jackson Avenue. There were 11 employees and two customers present at the time.
No injuries were reported. Detectives request anyone with information to contact the Nassau County Crime Stoppers at 1-800-244-TIPS. All callers will remain anonymous.
Crimes Against Property Squad Detectives report the arrest of a Baldwin woman for Grand Larceny that occurred in Bethpage beginning on Aug. 10, 2010 through Feb. 18, 2011. According to the detectives, , 45, of 2500 Parkview Place while employed as an office manager for Sustainable Long Island located at 45A Seaman Avenue, Bethpage stole in excess of $130,000 from the charity. The defendant used company credit cards to make personal purchases and then used company funds to pay those bills. Campbell was arrested on Tuesday March 8, 2011 at her residence. She is being charged with grand larceny, identity theft and petit larceny.
The Second Precinct also reported:
- On Sept. 1, 2009, grand larceny, Iris Wolfson High School in Hicksville, two laptops were stolen.
- On Feb. 27, grand larceny, Shore Pharmaceutical in Plainview, oxycodone was stolen.
- On March 1, grand larceny, Chance Street in Hicksville, an automobile was stolen.
- On March 2, petit larceny, Gladys Place in Hicksville, a snow blower was stolen.
- On March 3, burglary, Rosalie Drive in Plainview, jewelry was stolen.
- On March 4, petit larceny, Botto Brothers in Hicksville, 500 pounds of scrap copper was stolen.
- On March 4, grand larceny, S. Oyster Bay Road in Plainview, an automobile was stolen.
- On March 4, robbery, Ikea parking lot in Hicksville, cash was stolen.
- On March 7, robbery, W. John Street in Hicksville, victim was forced to take cash out of bank.
Second Precinct Arrests Reports:
Police arrested the following:
- On March 5, Zak Vaz, 21 years old, charged with burglary at the Target at the Broadway Mall.
- On March 5, Steven Sullivan, 55 years old, charged with DWI, aggravated unlicensed on Newbridge Road, Hicksville.
- On March 7, Israel Lopez-Ovando, 30 years old, charged with failure to deliver suspended plates, W. John Street, Hicksville.
- On March 8, Corinne Vanbrunt, 31 years old, charged with aggravated unlicensed operation of a vehicle, LIE in Plainview.