"The following arrest information was supplied by the Nassau County Police Department. A criminal charge is only an accusation, and does not indicate convictions."
The Second Squad reported the arrest of a Centerport man that occurred in Woodbury on Tuesday June 28, 2011 at 12:41 p.m.
According to the detectives, a 40 year old male victim was at the Equinox Health Club at 7550 Jericho Turnpike in Woodbury, when he observed the defendant, Daniel Aronoff 24, of 32 Laurel Hill Road acting suspiciously in the locker room.
The victim went to check his unlocked locker and discovered his cell phone and car keys missing. He advised health club personnel who then went to the victim’s car parked in the lot. They observed the defendant going through the trunk and confronted him.
The defendant surrendered the cell phone and car keys but fled the scene with an unknown amount of U.S. currency and a pair of sunglasses. Aronoff was known to health club personnel as a relative of a gym employee.
The defendant was later apprehended and charged with grand larceny. He was scheduled to be arraigned on Wednesday June 29, 2011.
The Second Precinct also reported:
- On May 6, petit larceny, South Street, Oyster Bay, bicycle stolen.
- On June 20, petit larceny, W. Nicholai Street, Hicksville, BMW car parts stolen from shed.
- On June 20, petit larceny, On Parade Diner, Woodbury, cash/tools stolen from automobile.
- On June 21, burglary, Dorothy Street, Hicksville, window entry/no loss.
- On June 22, grand larceny, Old Country Road, Hicksville, cash stolen.
- On June 22, criminal mischief, Audrey Avenue, Oyster Bay, scratches to front door.
- On June 23, grand larceny, NY Sports Club, Hicksville, cash/credit card/wallet stolen from locker.
- On June 24, grand larceny, Victoria Secret, Plainview, underwear stolen.
- On June 24, petit larceny, New York Sports Club, Hicksville, Iphone stolen from person.
- On June 25, burglary, Chauncy Place, Woodbury, assorted jewelry stolen.
- On June 25, criminal mischief, Marion Street, Hicksville, glass smashed on front door.
- On June 25, criminal mischief, Newton Road, Plainview, windshield broken on automobile.
- On June 27, grand larceny, Center Street, Hicksville, cash from automobile.
Second Precinct Arrests Reports:
Police arrested the following people and charged them with:
- On June 22, Eric Santiago, 37, possession of forged instrument, W. John Street, Hicksville.
- On June 22, Luis Martinez, 35, aggravated unlicensed operation of a vehicle, Charlotte Avenue, Hicksville.
- On June 24, Suniga Indalecio, 39, petit larceny, Sears, Hicksville.
- On June 27, Lazaro Jacobo, 34, aggravated unlicensed, W. John Street, Hicksville.
- On June 28, Daniel Aronoff, 24, grand larceny, Equinox Health Club, Woodbury.
- On June 28, Amir Robinson, 47, aggravated unlicensed, Newbridge Road, Hicksville.