Nassau police detectives report a in the northeastern portion of Nassau County are continuing, including at least three new burglaries last weekend in Plainview, four more in Syosset and one in Woodbury
This latest report addes to a string of burglaries have been reported in recent weeks in Plainview, Woodbury, Hicksville, and Syosset. The most recent reports are listed below.
One arrest was made in a burglary in Oyster Bay.
In that case, police said Michael C Coats, 19, who has no known address, had recently stayed at the home of a 24-year-old victim.
The victim saw the defendant in front of his home wearing a hat that had been taken from the victim’s locked automobile. When the victim approached, the defendant fled on foot.
Officers from the 2nd Precinct located the defendant a short distance away and placed him under arrest. During the investigation it was determined that Coats had previously removed the victim’s debit card from his bedroom and used it to withdraw cash from ATM machines.
Coats is charged with burglary, grand larceny and identity theft. He was arraigned on the charges last Friday.
The Second Precinct reported the following crimes:
- Burglary: Nov. 23; Sylvia Lane, Plainview: Cash, Ipad, jewelry stolen.
- Burlary: Nov. 23; Warren Place, Plainview: Cash, jewelry stolen.
- Burglary: Nov. 23 ; Narcissus Drive, Syosset: Jewelry, cash, computer stolen.
- Burglary: Nov. 23; South Oaks Blvd, Plainview: assorted jewelry stolen.
- Burglary: Nov. 24; Syosset Natural Deli, Syosset: cigarettes, lottery tickets stolen.
- Burglary: Nov. 25; Cold Spring Road, Syosset: safe stolen.
- Burglary: Nov. 23; (reported) Cypress Drive, Woodbury: rear entry; no loss.
- Burglary: Nov. 24; Calvert Drive, Syosset: rear door entry, Macbook, cash, jewelry stolen.
- Grand Larceny: Nov. 22; CVS, Plainview: 300 totes stolen.
- Petit Larceny: Nov. 27; Broadway Mall, Hicksville: car window shattered, cell phone, clothing stolen.
- Grand Larceny: Nov. 28; South Service Road, Plainview: auto stolen.
The following arrest information was supplied by the Nassau County Police Department. A criminal charge is only an accusation, and does not indicate convictions.
Nassau police arrested the following people:
- On Nov. 23, Crystal Capellan, 25, charged with burglary, Prospect Street, Hicksville.
- On Nov. 23, A 16-yer-old male, charged with burglary, Prospect Street, Hicksville.
- On Nov. 24, Michael Coats, 19, charged with burglary, South Street, Oyster Bay.
- On Nov. 26, John James Vigoa, 21, charged with tampering with physical evidence, Route 135, Woodbury.
- On Nov. 27, Xu Xin Shao, 24, charged with possession of a forged instrument, Kay Jewelers, Hicksville.