Four more burglaries were reported in the Plainview area last week, including three in Plainview and one in Syosset.
As the that have in recent months continues, a community group is staging a public forum Tuesday to address the issue.
The of the Plainview-Old Bethpage Community Inc., and the Neighbor-to-Neighbor Watch Program have scheduled their for Tuesday, Dec. 20. The will be joined by representatives of the Department, and others who will offer insights and tips on home and community safety, energy efficiencies and address the recent in the community.
While the following crimes were documented by police, there were several other unconfirmed reports Friday night of police activity in the Plainview area. Police had been called to several locations and one report from a Patch reader indicated that a police helicopter was involved.
Police were reported in the vicinity of in Plainview, off Jamaica Avenue, late Friday night. That street was hit by a on Dec. 2, when jewelry, IPad and a watch were stolen.
These eyewitness reports could not immediately be confirmed with authorities.
Patch will report further details when they are available. Police have increased patrols in the Plainview area in the wake of the recent rash of crime.
The most recent reports are listed below.
The Second Precinct reported the following crimes:
- Dec. 7: Burglary; Eldorado Boulevard, Plainview: Rear entry; no loss.
- Dec. 8: Burglary; Beaumont Drive, Plainview: assorted jewelry and pocket books stolen.Dec. 8: Grand Larceny; Barclay Street, Hicksville: auto stolen.
- Dec. 8: Burglary; Meadowbrook Road, Syosset: cash, jewelry box stolen.
- Dec 8: Grand Larceny; Advantage Hyundai, Hicksville: 24 catalytic converters stolen.
- Dec. 10: Grand larceny: AT&T Wireless, Woodbury; three cell phones stolen.
- Dec. 13: Burglary: Northern Parkway, Plainview; rear window/no entry because of alarm.
The following arrest information was supplied by the Nassau County Police Department. A criminal charge is only an accusation, and does not indicate convictions.
Nassau police arrested the following people:
- On Dec. 2: Christopher Kishanuk, 26, charged with burglary, Spruce Street, Hicksville.
- On Dec. 7: , 20, charged with grand larceny, Macy's; Broadwall Mall.
- On Dec. 10: James Froelich, 50, charged with burglary; Herzog Place, Hicksville.
- On Dec. 12: , 23, charged with grand larceny, Northern Parkway, Plainview.
The latter referrs to the charged with in her Plainview customer's home, taking about $6,000 worth of computers, jewelry and collectibles, Nassau Police detectives said Monday.
, 23, of 23 Theodore Dr., Plainview, was charged Monday with grand larceny after selling off some of the proceeds to a Hicksville pawn shop, detectives said.
In the Dec. 7 incident, , 20, a sales clerk at the Broadway Mall in Hicksville, is charged with validating numerous and then made purchases on them in a scam totaling roughly $2,000, Nassau police said.
Second Squad detectives charged Martinez, of 33 Walnut Lane, Hicksville, with grand larceny in connection with the unauthorized validation of gift cards totaling $2,150.