"The following arrest information was supplied by the Nassau County Police Department. A criminal charge is only an accusation, and does not indicate convictions."
Nassau County Police reported the details of a robbery that occurred on May 29, 2011 at 3:40 a.m. in Hicksville.
According to the second squad detectives, the male victim, 24, was opening up the front door of the IKEA store located at the Broadway Mall, when two male subjects, wearing masks and armed with black handguns, approached the victim from behind and forced him into the store.
While in the store, the subject directed the victim to a back room to open a safe. After several failed attempts the subjects struck the victim in the head with the handgun. As they fled the store without any proceeds from the safe they encountered a second male employee, 41, entering the store. He was robbed of his wallet that contained an unknown amount of money.
Suspect one is described as being 5’9’’ medium build, wearing dark blue clothing with a hood, black boots and a mask. Suspect two is described as being light skinned, 6’5” muscular build, wearing a while long sleeved shirt with black pants, black boots and a mask. The subjects fled in an unknown direction. The first victim had a complaint of pain in his head, along with an abrasion to his left knee, but refused medical attention at the scene. No other injuries were reported.
Detectives request anyone with information regarding this crime to contact the Nassau County Crime Stoppers at 1-800-244-TIPS. All calls remain anonymous.
Robbery Citgo Gas Station
The Eighth Squad reports the details of a robbery that occurred in Bethpage on Saturday May 28, 2011 at 4:55 a.m.
According to detectives an unknown male entered the CITGO Gas Station located at 4000 Hempstead Turnpike. The subject, armed with a blue handled steak knife approached the male attendant/victim, age 27, and demanded money. The victim grabbed a wooden stick from behind the counter and chased the subject from the store.
The subject was seen entering a two door, red car, with flip up headlights, driven by a second unknown subject. The car fled southbound on Hicksville Road and turned right onto Seamans Neck Road. There were no injuries. The suspect is described as 20-25 years of age, 5’11” with green eyes. No further description of the driver.
Detectives ask anyone with information pertaining to the above crime to please call Nassau County Crime Stoppers at 1-800-244-TIPS. All calls remain anonymous.
The Second Precinct also reported:
- On May 27, arson, New Faces, Hicksville, chair was set on fire in alleyway.
- On May 28, grand larceny, Stop & Shop, Oyster Bay, wallet stolen.
- On May 29, burglary, Maxwell Drive, Hicksville, rear door entry/no loss.
- On May 29, grand larceny, Grace Street, Plainview, luggage stolen from yard.
- On May 29, petit larceny, Gardner Avenue, Hicksville, tire and rim stolen from automobile.
- On May 30, making graffiti, Trinity Lutheran School, Hicksville, spray painted building.
- On May 31, petit larceny, Bath and Body Works, Hicksville, fragrances stolen.
Second Precinct Arrests Reports:
Police arrested the following:
- On May 26, Maria Roman, 33, petit larceny, Macys, Broadway Mall.
- On May 27, Juana Vega, 56, petit larceny, Sears Hicksville.
- On May 28, April Abrams, 28, petit larceny, Old Navy, Broadway Mall.
- On May 28, Christ Delphonse, 29, petit larceny, Old Navy, Broadway Mall.
- On May 28, Macario Martinez, 35, aggravated unlicensed, 2nd degree, W. Old Country Road, Hicksville.
- On May 30, James Hopkins, 57, trespassing, Newbridge Road, Hicksville.