"The following arrest information was supplied by the Nassau County Police Department. A criminal charge is only an accusation, and does not indicate convictions."
Second Squad detectives reported the arrest of an Oyster Bay on grand larceny charges. The larcenies began around September 2.
According to detectives, the defendant, James Watt, 51 of Oyster Bay called 911 from Theodore Roosevelt Park and stated that he wished to turn himself in for stealing and selling numerous pieces of art from his landlord, the 58 year old female victim. The artwork included paintings and statues valued around $100,000. After taking the items, Watt sold them to Coin Galleries of Oyster Bay, for an undisclosed amount of money. The defendant was arrested without incident in the park.
Watt is charged with grand larceny second-degree and was scheduled to be arraigned on October 5, 2011 in First District Court, Hempstead.
Second Squad detectives are investigating an occupied burglary that occurred on Tuesday September 27, 2011 at 11:00 p.m. in Hicksville.
According to the detectives, the victim, a 30 year old female, who was alone and asleep in her Heitz Place residence, was awoken when she heard a noise from within her apartment. The victim exited her bedroom, turned on the kitchen light and observed an unknown male in her living room as he was walking toward the front door. The subject approached the victim and punched her in the face causing her to fall to the ground. After kneeling on her chest, the subject then struck her in the face again causing her to lose consciousness. The victim awoke about 30 minutes later and called police.
The subject is described as a male, 5’6” to 5’7” tall, weighing 135-140 pounds, wearing dark shorts and a dark t-shirt. The subject had a panty hose stretched over his face.
The victim was transported to the hospital for evaluation and treatment of facial injuries and swelling to the side of her face.
No proceeds appeared to have been taken at this time and the subject appears to have entered through the front door, which may have been unlocked.
Detectives are requesting anyone with information regarding this burglary to contact Crime Stoppers at 1-800-244-TIPS. All callers will remain anonymous.
The Second Precinct also reported:
- On September 12, grand larceny, Pasadena Drive, Plainview, scam.
- On September 20, petit larceny, Columbia Road, Hicksville, GPS/charger stolen from 2 automobiles.
- On September 20, criminal mischief, Fulton Avenue, Hicksville, window on automobile broken.
- On September 22, petit larceny, Broadway Mall, Hicksville, laptop/pills/cash stolen from automobile.
- On September 22, petit larceny, Hewitt Street/Mead Avenue, Hicksville, bookbag/books/scalpel stolen.
- On September 23, robbery, Food Court, Hicksville, cell phone stolen.
- On September 24, criminal mischief, Moeller Street, Hicksville, automobile scratched.
- On September 24, criminal mischief, Exotic Motors, Plainview, cable line cut.
- On September 26, burglary, LI Moving and Storage, Plainview, cash stolen.
- On September 26, criminal mischief, Hill Drive, Oyster Bay, tires punctured.
- On September 27, burglary, Heitz Place, Hicksville, costume jewelry stolen.
- On September 27, burglary, Pal Street, Plainview, jewelry stolen.
- On September 27, burglary, Woodbury Road, Woodbury, basement door pried/no loss/monetary damage.
- On September 27, petit larceny, 4 Points Sheridan, Plainview, GPS/tools stolen.
- On September 28, criminal mischief, Sutton Drive, Plainview, automobile damaged.
- On September 29, criminal mischief, Target, Hicksville, automobile keyed.
- On October 1, petit larceny, Maris Deli, Hicksville, snow cone machine stolen.
- On October 1, burglary, Winthrop Road, Plainview, no loss.
Second Precinct Arrests Reports:
Police arrested the following:
- On September 22, Richie Monuma, 18, charged with petit larceny, Sears, Hicksville.
- On September 22, Marc Jasmin, 26, charged with petit larceny, Sears, Hicksville.
- On September 28, Christopher Oneil, 18, charged with petit larceny, Stop & Shop, Hicksville.
- On October 1, Anthony Ealy, 22, charged with DWI, Route 107, Hicksville.
- On October 1, Sabrina Brundidge, 48, charged with petit larceny, Stop & Shop, Hicksville.
- On October 1, John Klostermann, 48, charged with criminal mischief, N. Broadway, Hicksville.
- On October 1, Jaqueline Marinacci, 22, charged with DWI, Jericho Turnpike, Hicksville.
- On October 2, Keith McNeely, 24, charged with aggravated DWI, LIE, Plainview.
- On October 4, Joseph Bruno, 24, charged with possession forged instrument, Medisource Pharmacy, Plainview.
- On October 4, James Watt, 51, charged with grand larceny, Adams Court, Oyster Bay.
- On October 5, Kenneth Coggins, 49, charged with petit larceny, Target, Broadway Mall.