The following arrest information was supplied by the Second Precinct of the Nassau County Police Department. Where arrests or charges are mentioned, it does not indicate a conviction.
With the spring weather a spate of graffiti attacks have been reported in the Syosset and Plainview area. There have also been reports of major thefts, but only one burglary report, this one in Oyster Bay.
, reports of
The Second Precinct attributes many wintertime burglaries to daylight savings. As the days get longer, burglaries are expected to lighten. However,
The Second Precinct reported the following crimes:
- April 3: Petit larceny; Aeroflex, Plainview; 10 55-gallon drums stolen.
- April 3: burglary; Mill River Road, Oyster Bay; forced rear entry, no loss.
- April 10: Grand larceny, Target, Hicksville; cash, wallet credit cards stolen.
- April 10: Grand larceny, Bristol Drive, Woodbury; Auto stolen.
- April 6: Making graffitti: I.D. Salon, Syosset; graffiti on building.
- April 6: Making graffiti: Shine Dental, Syosset; spraypaint on building.
- April 5: Grand larceny: Golf View Drive, Jericho; Auto stolen.
- April 3: Grand larceny: Zales Optical, Plainview; briefcase, sunglass and eyeglass frames stolen.
- April 4: Criminal mischief: J. Irving Baylis School, Plainview (Syosset School District). Spray paint on building.
The following arrest information was supplied by the Nassau County Police Department. A criminal charge is only an accusation, and does not indicate convictions.
- April 3: Erica Bates, 28, charged with robbery; Old Navy, Hicksville.
- April 4: Vickie Townes, 58, charged with petit larceny; South Marginal Road, Jericho.
- April 8: Maurice Richard Saylor, 35, charged with petit larceny; Sears, Hicksville.
- April 5: Paul Anspake, 47, alcohol beverage prohibitions, LIRR, Hicksville.