Nassau police detectives continue to probe a in the immediate area of Plainview along with in neighboring Syosset.
Although no official charges have been filed in the case, Nassau County Police gave chase to a motorist Wednesday in the vicinity of the The driver led police on a short chase before crashing on Radcliffe Road along side the Seaford-Oyster Bay Expressway, authorities said.
The driver has not been publically identified and no charges, if any, have been made public.
The chase began near Wallace Drive at the exit to Route 135 when police attempted to pull over a Saab. The vehicle was being stopped because it showed signs of recent damage, according to police reports monitored from the scene.
The chase turned northbound on Radcliffe Road, the street running parallel to Route 135. The Saab crashed at the north end of Radcliffe Road where it makes a sharp turn to the east at the rear of Parkway School.
A police spokesman said the suspect had been taken into custody at the scene.
A string of burglaries have been reported in recent weeks in Plainview, Hicksville, Woodbury and Syosset. The most recent reports are listed below.
The Second Precinct reported the following crimes:
- Nov. 15: Burglary; Fox Hollow Road, Woodbury: rings bracelets, watches stolen.
- Nov. 16: Burglary; Oakwood Lane, Plainview: Rear entry; unknown loss.
- Nov. 17: Burglary; Chelsea Street, Syosset: Rear door entry, Jewelry stolen.
- Nov. 17: Grand Larceny; LIRR station, Hicksville: Jewelry, cell phone stolen from auto.
- Nov. 17: Grand Larceny; Plum Lane, Plainview: Tires, rims stolen off auto.
- Nov. 23: Burglary; 5th Place, Syosset: Jewelry stolen (report dates to October.)
- Nov. 18: Robbery; Berry Hill Road, Syosset: Cash, papers stolen. See story here.
- Nov. 20: Robbery; , Syosset: Unknown loss.
- Nov. 18: Burglary; Terrace Place, Hicksville (two separate incidents): Cash, jewelry stolen.
- Nov. 18: Grand Larceny; Parkway Drive, Syosset: Tires and rims stolen from auto.
The following arrest information was supplied by the Nassau County Police Department. A criminal charge is only an accusation, and does not indicate convictions.
Nassau police arrested the following people:
On Nov. 16, Hugh Smith, 37, charged with robbery, 7-Eleven, Plainview.
On Nov. 20, Stephanie Barrezuetta, 20, charged with reckless endangerment, DWI, L.I.E., Jericho.
On Nov. 22, Ronald Rogers, 26, charged with possession of a forged instrument, Linden Care, Syosset.