In the post-holiday period, neighborhood shopping centers populated with consumers making returns and using their gift cards saw a small spike in crimes.
In addition to revealed, several smaller incidents were reported, including the theft of an LG television at Sears in Hicksville to a car at the Broadway Mall.
The Second Precinct reported the following crimes:
- Dec. 22: Grand larceny; Walt Whitman School, Woodbury; Movado watch stolen.
- Dec. 28: Grand larceny; Carol Street, Plainview; unauthorized charges on ATM card.
- Dec. 29: Grand larceny; Broadway Mall, Hicksville; car stolen.
- Dec. 31: Grand larceny; St. Edward's Church, Syosset; cell phone, credit cards stolen from car.
- Dec. 30: Petit Larceny; Ridge Drive, Plainview; fraudulent activity.
- Jan. 1: Burglary; Hidden Ridge Drive, Syosset; credit cards, cash, cell phone stolen.
- Jan. 1: Criminal mischief; The Miews, Syosset; window broken on home.
- Jan. 3: Grand larceny; Sears, Hicksville; LG television stolen.
- Jan. 3: Burglary; Syosset construction site; demo hammer, scrap metals stolen.
- Jan. 7: Burglary; Manor Street, Plainview; jewelry stolen.
- Jan. 7: Burglary; Netto Lane, Plainview; cash, old watches stolen.
The following arrest information was supplied by the Nassau County Police Department. A criminal charge is only an accusation, and does not indicate convictions.
- Jan. 7: Matthew Newman, 19, charged with reckless endangerment and DWAI, Long Island Expressway, Hicksville.
- Jan. 7: Thomas Reimels, 59, charged with aggravated DWI, E. Main Street, Oyster Bay.
- Jan. 8: Gagandeep Singh, 21, charged with aggravated DWI, Taco Bell in Hicksville.
- Jan. 8: Lesley Pernick, 26, charged with aggravated DWI, Jericho Turnpike, Syosset.