An electrical malfunction sent smoke billowing through a condominium on Eagle Chase Monday.
The responded in force to the report of smoke and found a heavy smoke condition inside the unit, located off Sunnyside Boulevard. Officers sounded an alert for additional manpower, firefighters said. Syosset and Melville volunteers responded, covering Plainview's headquarters on Old Country Road.
Firefighters searched for the source of the smoke, including adjoining units, and determined the smoke condition was caused by an electrical problem with a heating unit. The smoke had spread through the condo's duct-work.
Firefighters cleared the area of smoke. No injuries were reported.