.

Quick Work Puts Down Gas Stove Fire in Plainview

Quick response by Plainview firefighters saved Phipps Lane home.

The Plainview Fire Department quickly worked to stop a gas stove fire from spreading Tuesday.

Responding to the call on Phipps Lane just after 6 p.m., Chief of Department Craig Robinson reported the hose to the gas stove was ablaze. Ladder 9533 arrived on the scene and began locating the gas service in the roadway.

While the truck company shut down the service, Engine 9511 secured a water
supply and stretched a line  into the home.

Firefighters were able to shut off the gas service before the fire could spread. National grid was called to the scene. No injuries were reported.

Boards

More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something