.

Smoky Fire Rips Through Morton Blvd. Home

Plainview firefighters use aggressive interior attack to put down the flames.

Plainview firefighters confronted a heavy smoke condition Saturday before putting out a fire spreading through a home on Morton Boulevard.

The call came a 9:38 a.m. and arriving units were met with heavy smoke billowing from the home. The basement fire had spread to the first floor, firefighters said.

Donning masks and placing two hose lines in operation, firefighters made an aggressive "interior attack," located the fire and extinguished it, firefighters said.

Firefighters from Bethpage, Farmingdale ,Hicksville, South Farmingdale and Melville assisted in the operation, under the command of Plainview Chief of Department Ross Dubner.

No injuries were reported.

The cause of the fire is under investigation.

Robert J. Pape, Jr. March 24, 2013 at 11:59 PM
Great job by the Plainview FD and mutual aid units. A rapid stop of a inherently dangerous basement fire, no injuries to the public and everyone went home after a job well done.
JOE March 26, 2013 at 01:31 AM
A majority of the house fires are caused by faulty,old, and inadequate electrical wiring and circuit breakers . Aluminum wiring is no longer used to supply electricity to homes because it is dangerous. Aluminum wiring should be replaced with copper wiring.

Boards

More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something