With 2011 ending Saturday, this is your opportunity for a last minute tax-deduction that can help the of a Plainview civic organization.
The Concerned Citizens of the Plainview-Old Bethpage Community Inc., and the Neighbor-to-Neighbor Watch Program are reaching out to the community for support with their To continue their many activities as a charitable organization, the group relies on fund-raising and the generosity of the community the group serves tirelessly. They're
Each day the "5 Things" column offers five essentials about your day in Plainview. We want to engage our audience in the topics, events, and hot-button issues that are important to them. Help us do that by adding your voice. Add it to the calendar or send us a . Post a comment on the news and the issues that matter most to you.
1. The of the Plainview-Old Bethpage Community need financial help. This group has protected the interests of the community for years now, from sponsoring (including one just last week) to the installation of a Donations are tax-deductable. It's a win-win for you and Plainview. Click our link to see how you can donate today.
2. All this week, we're asking Patch readers to decide the top stories of the year. We've had entries the of 2011. You also have 10 choices for best photo of 2011. and our list of the 10 of the year. Take our easy polls by clicking on these links.
3. Several were perpetrated locally. One involved the ; the second was the arrest of a babysitter on theft charges. The babysitter is same woman accused of staging a burglary at the home of a man for whom she Link to these reports today.
4. New Year's Eve is Saturday and we're looking for your public events to ring in the 2012. Send the listings to email@example.com .
5. Did your church or have a during December? Send us We'll find a way to run them all in Patch Email them to firstname.lastname@example.org .