The second summer heat wave continues Tuesday with the National Weather Service predicting heat, humidity and generally uncomfortable weather.
1. The NWS is calling for temperatures to approach the mid-90s this afternoon and, combined with the humidity, will feel warmer than that. The NWS issued a heat advisory through Wednesday for New York City. Long Island will not feel as brutally hot, authorities said.
2. In addition, the state issued an air quality warning, saying ozone will be at unhealthy levels for people sensitive to those conditions.
3. The basic tricks for in this kind of weather is to remain hydrated and avoid physical exertion. People should check on vulnerable neighbors, such as the elderly or the very young. The hot weather will continue through Wednesday, at least, forecasters said.
4. One way to cool off with the kids is to attend the Plainview Library's where stories and music are performed for children ages 3-5. The 35 minute event starts at 7 p.m.
5. It's another great beach day. If you have the day off, check out our