The Plainview-Old Bethpage PTA Council, The Plainview Congress of Teachers, Syosset Council of PTAS, and the Syosset Teachers Association will host a "legislative breakfast" in April to discuss major issues facing local school districts.
The public is invited to the session in Plainview where organizers plan to discuss the issues with invited federal, state and local legislators.
Organizers said the key isses include:
- High Stakes Testing and the effect it has on children
- The 2 percent tax cap
- Large cuts in state aid
All parents, teachers, administrators, and board members are encouraged to attend th event meet and question government representatives. Students are welcome.
Invited Legislators include:
- Congressman Steve Israel
- State Senator Carl Marcellino
- Arthur Anderson representing State Senator Kemp Hannon
- Assemblyman Charles Lavine
- Nassau County Legislator Judy Jacobs
- Town of Oyster Bay Councilwoman Rebecca Alesia
The session, which includes a continental breakfast will be held at Plainview-Old Bethpage JFK High School Saturday April 6 beginning at 10 a.m.
Space is Limited: Please RSVP by 4/1 to email@example.com.