Two elected bodies honored a host of local kids for a variety of achievements. We'll have separate stories about those outstanding young people Wednesday.
Each day the "5 Things" column will tell you five essential pieces of information you need to know today, like events happening or community topics being covered on the site later on in the day. Have an event or topic that should appear in this column? Add it to the calendar or send us a news tip.
1. The Plainview-Old Bethpage presented honors to a cross section of student scholars and athletes. We ran the list of athletes Tuesday. Today we'll report on the scholars singled out by the board.
2. The met Tuesday night. They presented awards to a cross section of the region's kids who have left a mark on their community. A story about them will appear this afternoon..
3. is set for tomorrow, Thursday, June 23, at 7 p.m. All this morning, Patch has a variety of stories focused on prom safety and fun. Also, we're going to want your prom pictures. Charge the camera and get ready to email them to Editor Joe Dowd at Joe.Dowd@patch.com. Patch will have a full photo gallery that we want you and your kids to be a part of.
4. We'll be continuing to follow new developments in the stabbing that took place Monday night on Orchard Street. If you can add information to our story, contact us at Joe.Dowd@patch.com.
5. The will have two free showings of the 92-minute documentary "Yoo Hoo Mrs. Goldberg" Wednesday. The times are 3 and 7:30 p.m.