It's Thursday March 1 and the month and has arrived very un-lion like. In fact, good weather (with some rain, but no snow) and moderate temperatures are forecast for the next seven days.
Each day the "5 Things" column offers five essentials about your day in Plainview. We want to engage our audience in the topics, events, and hot-button issues that are important to them. Help us do that by adding your voice. Add it to the calendar or send us a . Post a comment on the news and the issues that matter most to you.
1. It's March 1, meaning three weeks to go before the arrival of spring. Spring training is well under way in Florida. And while rain is forecast for today on Long Island, the weather for the next week or so is expected to be spring-like.
2. Patch was at the Wednesday night at the gym of the . We'll have a report later today.
3. Another story broke late Wednesday. Nassau police are investigating the placement of a in Plainview.
4. The meets this morning at 9:30 a.m.
5. Have you seen the latest plan for the , the site of the former Nassau County complex off Old Country Road? See our full story and let us know what you think in the comments.