The public will get a detailed look tonight at the proposal to develop the Wang property off Old Country Road.
Each day the "5 Things" column offers five essentials about your day in Plainview. We want to engage our audience in the topics, events, and hot-button issues that are important to them. Help us do that by adding your voice. Add it to the calendar or send us a . Post a comment on the news and the issues that matter most to you.
1. The set for tonight at 7 p.m. allows the public to get its first glimpse of the plan to develop the 143-acre property that was once home to the Nassau County complex. Current Owner Charles Wang has hired the Beechwood Organization to come up with a proposal. The plan is to develop The meeting is at on Audrey Avenue in Oyster Bay. It's open to the public.
2. Take our poll about the new proposal for a . We'll have a full report tomorrow.
3. The will host a showing of the film "Race to Nowhere" at 7:30 p.m. The film, sponsored by the Plainview Congress of Teachers, explores the stresses we place on students and the unfortunate consequences that sometimes result. The showing is sold out; Patch will have a report on the film later this week.
4. The sponsors its annual Tuesday at the Mattlin Middle School cafeteria. The event, which will run 3:30pm- 9:30 pm, began with the 5th graders at participating in a presentation in class on the need for, and uses of, blood.
5. is always looking for with fresh ideas and subject matter. Interested in a regular blog? Contact Joe Dowd at email@example.com.