A free session tonight at the Plainview Library can help explain your tax assessment and learn ways to challenge it.
Each day the "5 Things" column offers five essentials about your day in Plainview. We want to engage our audience in the topics, events, and hot-button issues that are important to them. Help us do that by adding your voice. Add it to the calendar or send us a . Post a comment on the news and the issues that matter most to you.
1. Nassau Legislator , D-Woodbury, sponsors a free workshop tonight at the on how to An expert will be on hand to explain how the county values a home and what you can do to challenge its finding. The
2. The meets in regular session this morning. We'll have a report later from the meeting.
3. meets tonight at 7:30 p.m. at .
4. There was a at the corner of Plainview and Haypath roads Monday afternoon. Fortunately, the victims were not badly hurt. Should we add that corner to the list of ?
5. Many of the stories we write about come from news tips just like you. Do you have a that needs covering? you want to tell us about? The ? Let us know by adding it to the calendar or sending us a . We read and consider every local coverage request. We try to accommodate everyone.