Local voters Thursday for the New York State Primary Elections and decided several party races.
The winners now go on to the general election in November.
A Nassau County decided on three candidates for County Court Judge: The winners were (with vote totals and percentage of total votes):
- David P. Sullivan (1,048; 25 percent)
- Fran Ricigliano (904; 21 percent)
- Teresa Corrigan (650; 15 percent).
- Others on the ballot were Helene Gugerty, Robert Spergel and Martin Massell.
The 1st District Court Judge Independence Party race had two opponents. The winner was:
- Anthony W. Paradiso (999; 67 percent) over
- Susan T. Kluewer (485; 33 percent).
In Oyster Bay, there is a primary for 4th District Court Judge, where the top three vote getters go on to the November election. The winners were
- William J. O'Brien (257; 29 percent)
- Colin F. O'Donnell (238; 27 percent)
- Douglas J. Lerose (174; 20 percent)
- Others in the race were Arshad Majid, Kimberly L. Snow and Marc Laykind.
In Glen Cove, there was also a two man primary for Glen Cove City Judge. The winner was:
- Richard J. McCord (53; 74 percent) over
- Timothy J. Tenke (19; 26 percent).