Plainview kids are known for achieving great things. The school board took the time to honor dozens of them last night in the final board meeting of the year. Patch will have a full report today.
Each day the "5 Things" column will tell you five essential pieces of information you need to know today, like events happening or community topics being covered on the site later on in the day. Have an event or topic that should appear in this column? Add it to the calendar or send us a news tip.
1. The Plainview-Old Bethpage held its final meeting of the school year Monday night and presented honors to a cross section of student scholars and athletes. We'll have a report on their achievements throughout the day in Patch.
2. The meets Tuesday night at 7. We'll have a report late tonight after the meeting and a more complete update Wednesday.
3. is set for Thursday, June 23, at 7 p.m. Continuing this week, Patch is focusing on prom safety and fun. We'll have several reports today. Also, we're going to want your prom pictures. Get ready to email them to Editor Joe Dowd at Joe.Dowd@patch.com. Patch will have a full photo gallery that we want you and your kids to be a part of.
4. We'll be looking for new developments in the stabbing that took place Monday night on Orchard Street. If you can add information to our story, contact us at Joe.Dowd@patch.com. There were no new developments as of early Tuesday morning.
5. at the Jamaica Avenue School hosts an open house for new moms and their babies (up to 6 months) Tuesday from 12:30–1:15 p.m. and for babies from 6-10 months on Thursday from 2:30- 3:15 p.m. RSVP required.