Do you have a closet full of shoes? Do you ever think about the ramifications of that? A free lecture today at the Plainview Library examines the history and significance of footwear.
Each day the "5 Things" column offers five essentials about your day in Plainview. We want to engage our audience in the topics, events, and hot-button issues that are important to them. Help us do that by adding your voice. Add it to the calendar or send us a . Post a comment on the news and the issues that matter most to you.
1. Artist and lecturer will lead a delightful journey through the history of shoes, fashion trends, designers and fun facts in her free presentation at the Thursday at 2 p.m. Her presentation includes information on footwear from different cultures, prestigious designers and much more.
2. You have a chance Thursday to tell the community why you or a friend is the
3. The Plainview-Old Bethpage met Wednesday at the at 7:45 a.m. Small business loans were the primary topic. See our video of the event.
4. The PTA meets tonight at 7:30 at the high school.
5. Many of the stories we write about come from news tips just like you. Do you have a that needs covering? you want to tell us about? The ? Let us know by adding it to the calendar or sending us a . We read and consider every local coverage request. We try to accommodate everyone.