Plainview's fleet of yellow school bus is going to add a "green" one.
The will demonstrate an electronic bus, which will be introduced into their fleet in the 2012-2013 school year. We'll have a story Monday afternoon.
Each day the "5 Things" column offers five essentials about your day in Plainview. We want to engage our audience in the topics, events, and hot-button issues that are important to them. Help us do that by adding your voice. Add it to the calendar or send us a . Post a comment on the news and the issues that matter most to you.
1. The bus to be demonstrated today by represents a new generation of zero-emission electric and hybrid-electric models that are gradually making their way into districts around the country. believe they are the first on Long Island with this cutting edge technology. The story will run this afternoon.
2. Are you a or an official with a , or other ? Have you claimed your listing in Patch? It's simple; just follow the instructions here to claim your listing and use it to promote your business or community institution.
3. Check out our latest It contains a quick summary of the big stories of last week you may have missed and links to the full reports.
4. It may seem a little hard to believe, but Wednesday is Feb 1. That makes Thursday Ground Hog Day and Spring but six weeks away (regardless of his prediction) There's lots to do all week. Stay here and we'll keep you posted.
5. Many of the stories we write about come from news tips just like you. Do you have a that needs covering? you want to tell us about? The ? Let us know by adding it to the calendar or sending us a . We read and consider every local coverage request. We try to accommodate everyone.