It's "Fat Tuesday," or "Mardi Gras" in French, the last day of festivities before the arrival of Lent and Ash Wednesday, which is tomorrow.
Each day the "5 Things" column offers five essentials about your day in Plainview. We want to engage our audience in the topics, events, and hot-button issues that are important to them. Help us do that by adding your voice. Add it to the calendar or send us a news tip. Post a comment on the news and the issues that matter most to you.
1. The Brasserie Cassis is holding a Mardi Gras Celebration tonight at the restaurant in the Plainview Centre shopping plaza. Many area restaurants and bars have similar events tonight. See our events listings for the details
2. Plainview schools are closed this week for winter recess.
3. We asked readers Monday to weigh in on Plainview's best chicken wings. See our story and let us know your favorites around town.
4. A regular program for those in need of Total Joint Replacement Pre-Operative Education meets today and every Tuesday from noon to 2 p.m. in Lecture Room B of Plainview Hospital.
5. Have you claimed your listing? Do you realize the advantages of being able to update your business or institution's listing to reflect changes and special events? See the attached story for details. It's easy and free.