is holding a special service tonight and every Friday through Lent to commemorate the suffering of Christ leading up to his Crucifixion. The weekend has lots to do around town. See our "Events" guide for a complete list.
Each day the "5 Things" column offers five essentials about your day in Plainview. We want to engage our audience in the topics, events, and hot-button issues that are important to them. Help us do that by adding your voice. Add it to the calendar or send us a . Post a comment on the news and the issues that matter most to you.
1. St. Pius X parishioners can take part in a special reading and meditation at 7:30 p.m. Friday and each Friday through Lent. Immediately following is the Click the blue links for more details.
2. Due to a technical error, earlier versions of our story at JFK didn't include caption information on all the photos. Sorry for the problem; the tech guys fixed it and we've added the captions. Please see about this great community event.
3. On Saturday, the Holiday Inn Plainview, holds a fine arts and craft Admission is free.
4. Also Saturday, Long Island Parent Magazine hosts its at the Broadway Mall, a chance for parents to meet camp directors and for the kids to enjoy activities. Clink the blue link for more information..
5. Have you seen the latest plan for the development of the Wang property, the site of the former Nassau County complex off Old Country Road? See our full story and let us know what you think in the comments. This is going to become a bigger issue in the months ahead.