Today marks the deadline to file your federal and state income taxes or seek an extension in order to avoid penalties and interest. We'll have a story early today.
Each day the "5 Things" column offers five essentials about your day in Plainview. We want to engage our audience in the topics, events, and hot-button issues that are important to them. Help us do that by adding your voice. Add it to the calendar or send us a . Post a comment on the news and the issues that matter most to you.
1. It's tax filing deadline: We'll have a story on our site this morning detailing your options.
2. The funeral service forthe freshman who died Sunday, will be held at noon today at the . See our story about the fundraiser that went on in his memory Monday.
3. The meets this morning. We'll have a report later.
4. There is a moving scheduled for 7 p.m. tonight at the . The program is based on the award-winning book by Karen Levine, "Inside Hana's Suitcase." Participants are asked to arrive early.
5. Patch is all about interacting with its readers. Send us your news tips; sign in and leave your comments, weigh in on the topics of the day. We want to know what's important to you.