There was a remarkable re-enactment this weekend at Old Bethpage Village Restoration, where dedicated volunteers showed hundreds of people what life was like in wartime.
1. The photos from the are amazing. The living history exhibit allowed visitors to get a real feel for the sights and sounds of World War II. See
2. Memorial Day is Monday. Please send Patch your events and holiday schedules. We'll list them in a round-up of things to do during the big weekend.
3. The continues its free series on the world of led by Cantor Bradley Hyman. Tonight at 7:30; the community is invited.
4. Take our poll: snow days in May? What do you think?
5. Residents are being warned about the arrival of the Asian Longhorned Beetle. Check out our informative video.