The Super Bowl is Sunday and if you live in Plainview, there are plenty of options available if you want to keep the kitchen clean, and let someone else handle the food.
Here are some places offering big time specials for the big game on Sunday, seven in honor of Steelers QB Ben Roethlisberger. It would have been six had Mark Sanchez been there. (Sorry, Jets fans)
1. Cravings, 1161-65 Old Country Road, Plainview, 932-2222. Offers a 'Super Bowl Sandwich Basket', serving 10. Includes an assortment of their most popular sandwiches and wraps, such as smoked turkey breast and mesquite grilled chicken. Basket includes choice of pasta salad, along with a batch of Buffalo wings, all for $129.99.
2. 50 Manetto Hill Mall, Plainview, 937-5402. A variety of packages are available, such as an assortment of 3-foot heros with tossed or Caesar salad, along with choice of side salad, all for $60. Italian and Mexican themed platters are offered, as well as appetizer and dessert trays. Call extension 149 for all catering orders.
3. Greenfield's Morton Village Shopping Center, Plainview, 938-2250, and Plainview Centre shopping center, Plainview, 938-0240. Shop Rite's two Plainview locations are offering a 'Big Game Boar's Head' deal. It's a three-foot round hero, American or Italian, for $39.99 (or combo for $44.97). Each foot feeds 3-4, and includes a pound of each side salad. Kosher options available too.
4. 513 Old Country Road, Plainview, 433-4000. Offering their usual menu of party platters, heros, and BBQ chicken and sides, to name a few. For $5.00, enter to win a four-foot hero, 50 wings and soda, drawing is Friday at 6:30 p.m.
5. 538 Woodbury Road, Plainview, 931-7440. A number of big game items, such as the Super Bowl Combo Package: a hero, BBQ or lemon herb chicken, side salads and crudite platter, from $99.95-$159.95. Appetizer platters, such as wings and antipasta plates are offered, along with a dessert tray.
6. Bagel Boss, 432 S.Oyster Bay Road, Hicksville, 681-1856. Voted best bagels on Long Island, Bagel boss offers a bagel and lox platter for $39.99 if your guests arrive for breakfast for some reason. A pasta package including soda, chips and dessert, or a wrap platter including soup is available, each for $74.95.
7. Piled High Eatery, 728 Old Bethpage Road, Old Bethpage, 586-6926. This new deli in the old 'Tru-Value' Shopping Center, Piled High has its 'Classics' platter, featuring a three-foot hero, wings, salads and cookies for $69.95, and the 'BBQ Feast', with chicken, pulled pork, ribs and more, for $149.95.