Summer time means concert time in the Town of Oyster Bay. Beginning July 10, TOBAY will be hosting free concerts and festivals for residents of all ages and musical tastes.
Feel free to bring blankets or chairs with you so you can relax in the summer evenings. All shows begin at 8 p.m. unless otherwise specified but the Town says no marking your territory before 4 p.m.
There are no rain facilities for the concert series, so the Town says all shows will be held outdoors, weather permitting. When in doubt about rained out performances, call (516) 797-7900 24 hours a day for updated concert information.
Plan your summer around the following concert dates:
- Tues., July 10: America 40th Anniversary Tour
Hear this legendary classic rock group play their hits like "A Horse With No Name," Ventura," and "Lonely People."
- Tues., July 17: "Salute to America"
Showtime: 7:30 p.m.
Have an old fashioned American night with coutry music by SixGun and a legendary .
- Tues., July 24: Smash Mouth
Shrek fans and 90s lovers alike will love this concert with the multi-platinum rock group, Smash Mouth.
- Fri., July 27: Dennis Deyoung: The Music of Styx
Come sail away with Dennis Deyoung performs the biggest hits from Styx.
- Tues., July 31: The New York Tenors
Hear the incomparable voices of New York's own Michael Amante, Andy Cooney, and Daniel Rodriguez.
- Sat., Aug. 4: Decades of Dance
Boogie the night away with singers Martha Wash, Maxine Nightingale, and Taylor Dayne.
- Sat., July 21: Children's Festival and Safety Day
1 p.m.-4 p.m.
The Town teaches about safety by combining some important lessons with free food, entertainment, and bouncy castles. What could be better?
- Wed., July 11: Rick Larrimore: The Ultimate Rod Stewart Tribute and FM: A Steely Dan Tribute Band
Children of the 1970s will relive their glory days with all their favorite hits, from "Maggie May" to "Reelin' in the Years."
- Fri., Aug. 3: An Evening of Doo Wop
The Blue Notes and The Duprees, who are celebrating their 50th anniversary, offer up some melodies for a flashback to the doo wop days.
- Fri., July 13: Stayin' Alive: The World's #1 Tribute to The Bee Gees
Disco lovers: sing along to some of the biggest hits of the disco era.
- Fri., July 20: Dean Karahalis and the Concert Pops of Long Island and "The Tonys" at TOBAY: Award Winning Musicals.
No pop songs or rock ballads tonight! Get some classic musical culture and enjoy some toe-tapping Tony-worthy performances.
- Wed., Aug., 1: The Time Machine Band, playing motown, rock, disco, pop and more.
- Sat., July 14: Nassau Pops Symphony Orchestra, conducted by Maestro Louis Panacciulli
From Rodgers and Hammerstein hits to patriotic ballads, come hear Nassau's own symphony orchestra play classic favorites.
- Wed., July 18: Satisfaction and Almost Queen
Come for classic rock royalty night with Satisfaction, a Rolling Stones tribute band, and Almost Queen, rocking the music of Queen.
- Sat., July 28: Debby Boone, Grammy Award-winning singer, presents "Swing This"
Famous for "You Light Up My Life," Debby Boone brings it back to the Swing Era for a lindy-hopping good time.
- Wed., July 25: "Back to the Beach" with Mike DelGuidice and Big Shot
A truly Long Island night, featuring the music of one of the most famous TOBAY musicians, Billy Joel. Several of Joel's former bandmembers are in Big Shot, making it even more like a concert with Billy himself!
- Thurs., Aug. 2: The Clusters and Killer Joe and the Lido Soul Revue
Doo wop and soul meet for a taste of the good old days in this concert.
Nassau County will also sponsor free outdoor concerts this summer. Bring a blanket or chairs so you can relax while you enjoy the music! All concerts begin at 7:30 p.m. For more information, call (516) 571-8550 or (516) 572-0200.