There's still time to have your holiday event placed in Patch's running list. Just leave us a comment and we'll get it in here.
We especially want to hear from area church's and synagogues. Let us know when your services and special events are happening.
Here's our updated list for this week. The links take you to our directory for more information.
- Thursday, Dec. 22: holds its annual winter choir concert at the high school auditorium. Free.
- Thursday Dec. 22: Chanukah Menorah and Lighting Celebration with traditional holiday songs, latkes and goody bags for the children in Plainview at 4:30 pm. The event is sponsored by the and the
- The plays host to the "World Series of Dreidels" beginning at 5:45 p.m. today with a feast of pizza and snacks. The Dreidel tournament starts at 6:15 p.m., and every family member will receive gelt. After a champion is crowned, the evening will culminate with a community menorah lighting outside the JCC. Members $9 adult, $7 child, $28 max per family. Non Members $12 adult, $10 child, $36 max per family.
- Friday Dec. 23: is planning a special musical Chanukah event on Friday evening, Dec. 23, when Rockin' Shabbat gets everyone in the Chanukah spirit.
- Saturday Dec. 24: will celebrate a special Christmas Eve family Mass at 4 p.m., led by The Rev. , pastor of St. Pius X. The service will be held in the school gym to accommodate the many families who are expected to attend. The family service is preceded at 3:30 p.m. by the annual , performed by the children of St. Pius X.
- Saturday Dec. 24: services: Mass in the church at 6 p.m. Caroling at 11:30 p.m. on Christmas Eve outside Midnight Mass in the church at 12 a.m.
- Sunday Dec. 25: Christmas Day services: Mass in the church at 8:30 a.m. Mass in the gym at 10:30 a.m. Mass in the gym at 12:30 p.m.
- Saturday Dec. 24: Episcopal Church; Christmas Eve family service at 4 p.m.
- Saturday Dec. 24: Carols and Hymns at 10:30 p.m. Holy Eucharist service with music 11 p.m.
- Sunday, Dec 25: Christmas Day: Holy Eucharist service with music; 10 a.m.
- Tuesday Dec. 27: Long Island Children's Museum will be celebrating from 1-3 p.m. Kwanzaa is the time when many African-American families and to enjoy the blessings of family. Join us for a hands-on learning experience. Ages: 3 and up: $3 with museum admission ($2 LICM members.)
Is your event not listed here? Let us know and we'll promptly add it to our running list. Contact Local Editor Joe Dowd at Joe.Dowd@patch.com. We can't attend all the events in person, but we'll gladly accept your photos before and after the event. Send the information and the photos to us, attached to an email. Put "Holiday Guide" in the subject line.