Two blockbuster Broadway musicals open their runs at Plainview theaters beginning this weekend.
Each day the "5 Things" column offers five essentials about your day in Plainview. We want to engage our audience in the topics, events, and hot-button issues that are important to them. Help us do that by adding your voice. Add it to the calendar or send us a . Post a comment on the news and the issues that matter most to you.
1. of the present the classic Stephen Sondheim musical "A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum" which opens this weekend on Saturday at 8:15 p.m. A veteran cast of local and regional talent bring this madcap musical to life. Directed by Mark Lord and Produced by Rob Cohen of the PJC's Men's Club. Also, Sunday at 3 p.m. $20, $18 in advance.
2. The celebrates the '60s with the Tony award winning musical on their Mainstage in Plainview. The production runs through March on Friday and Saturday nights at 8 and Sundays at 3 & 7 p.m. For tickets please visit their website www.culturalartsplayhouse.com or call (516) 694-3330
3. Plainview's religious community has many offerings today. holds its service tonight at 7:30; There are services at and the at 6 p.m. Friday. Patch wants to list the entire community's spiritual programs and services. Let us know about them.
4. The public got it's at the proposal to off Old Country Road. There was We want Plainview residents to weigh in on their thoughts. Click these links to see our previous stories.
5. is always looking for with fresh ideas and subject matter. Interested in a regular blog? Contact Joe Dowd at firstname.lastname@example.org.