An annual charitable event for animals in need takes place tonight in nearby Woodbury.
Each day the "5 Things" column offers five essentials about your day in Plainview. We want to engage our audience in the topics, events, and hot-button issues that are important to them. Help us do that by adding your voice. Add it to the calendar or send us a . Post a comment on the news and the issues that matter most to you.
1. takes place Tuesday at the in nearby Woodbury. The charitable event is a fun evening with a lounge theme, food, drink and an extensive array of raffle baskets and professional networking. 6 p.m.; tickets: $100. Proceeds support animals in need on Long Island. for more details.
2. Perhaps you've heard of The hosts a free adult education course about the process of finding wellness of mind, body and spirit by discarding negative beliefs and feelings. 6:30 p.m.
3. hosts Jericho in Boys Lacrosse today at 4:30 p.m.
4. Been busy? You can catch up on the news of the week by reading our
5. is always looking for with fresh ideas and subject matter. Interested in a regular blog? Contact Joe Dowd at firstname.lastname@example.org.