Today is Holy Thursday (also known as Maundy Thursday) which commemorates the last meal Jesus shared with his disciples before His death on the Cross around 30 A.D. The meal described in the four canonical gospels, many Biblical authorities agree, was a Passover Seder.
It's a remarkable confluence of dates as the Easter Holy Week coincides on Good Friday with Passover, which begins Friday at sundown. There are religious services all over Plainview beginning today: Let Patch highlight those services here. Send them to us and we'll find a home for them.
Each day the "5 Things" column offers five essentials about your day in Plainview. We want to engage our audience in the topics, events, and hot-button issues that are important to them. Help us do that by adding your voice. Add it to the calendar or send us a . Post a comment on the news and the issues that matter most to you.
1. conducts the and the Adoration of the Blessed Sacrament in a solemn service at 8 p.m.
2. welcomes the entire community to its Service. The event, at 7:30 p.m. includes Holy Eucharist and the traditional washing of the feet.
(Did we leave out your service or event? It's not intentional. Let us know and we'll add it)
3. The tragic murder case of has dominated the headlines in the last 24 hours. We'll have new stories today as they develop. Remember to take our poll that will help us direct our coverage.
4. And, our poll about that aren't being enforced has drawn an amazing response. It's not too late to weigh in on this hot-button local issue. We intend to take your concerns to the town soon.
5. Patch is all about interacting with its readers. It's what different about our on-line news source. Send us your news tips; sign in and leave your comments, weigh in on the topics of the day. We want to know what's important to you.