Public officials and members of the area clergy will the recent at a rally being staged on Gerhard Road in Plainview on Thursday.
The public demonstration is intended as a visible sign of the community's solidarity against Patch will have a story and photos from this event this afternoon.
Each day the "5 Things" column offers five essentials about your day in Plainview. We want to engage our audience in the topics, events, and hot-button issues that are important to them. Help us do that by adding your voice. Add it to the calendar or send us a . Post a comment on the news and the issues that matter most to you.
1. The rally begins at 10:45 a.m. at 71 Gerhard Road, the home of was desecrated by vandals during Chanukkah. Police are continuing to investigate the attack. The demonstration is designed as a public rebuke to all those who would commit crimes of hate and bias.
2. The notorious left turn from Manetto Hill Road (southbound) onto Washington Avenue is finally getting a left-turn signal.
3. Speaking of take a moment to weigh in on our about dangerous driving in Plainview. We plan a story later this month and your opinion is valued.
4. The Plainview will honor the memory of fallen New York Police Department today by donating 10 percent of all sales from its Red Hook, Plainview, and Douglaston locations from 3 p.m. to 10 p.m. The proceeds will go to n his memory.
5. All through the holidays, readers and information about their . It's not too late to get in . And, as 2012 continues, Patch wants to hear about all of your community events, , and